Better Bibles Blog has moved. Read our last post, below, and then
click here if you are not redirected to our new location within 60 seconds.
Please Bookmark our new location and update blogrolls.

Wednesday, June 22, 2005

The ESV Bible

Tim Bulkeley's post (see my preceding post) was stimulated by an important post from David Warnock (no relationship to Adrian), who has worked in the Bible translation field for a number of years. To read David's post, click on the title to this post.

Categories: ,

2 Comments:

At Wed Jun 22, 02:34:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wayne,

Thanks for the link.

Just a note of clarification. While I worked at the United Bible Societies for 9 years it was as a Computer Consultant, mainly on the business side of IT. So I have no technical qualifications or skills in translation, instead just a great admiration for Bible Translators and some exposure to the issues (of course mostly not relating to English as most translation work by the United Bible Societies is in other languages who do not have Bibles at all or very old translations).

That has reminded me of a funny story, to me at least, about helping with the IT for the Basque Bible Translation. I'll post it on my weblog.

 
At Wed Jun 22, 05:34:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

For my "funny" story see Translation Fun

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home