Better Bibles Blog has moved. Read our last post, below, and then
click here if you are not redirected to our new location within 60 seconds.
Please Bookmark our new location and update blogrolls.

Thursday, August 03, 2006

British English audio Bible?

Do any readers of this blog know of an audio recording of a modern English Bible translation made by British English speakers? A friend of mine is looking for one to listen to on long road journeys - as a download or as a purchasable product.

I know about Scourby's reading of KJV. I have also seen references to a British English reading, of NASB I think, by Jack Bradley, but the link they give is dead.

If you know of anything, please let me know by replying to this posting or by e-mail to me: peter AT qaya DOT org.

3 Comments:

At Thu Aug 03, 03:03:00 PM, Blogger Peter Kirk said...

I have been told by e-mail of David Field's reading of the World English Bible - not my own favourite version, from the little I know about it, but my friend might like it. I would still like to know of any others.

 
At Fri Aug 04, 02:18:00 PM, Blogger Tim Bulkeley said...

Not (yet - we are doing a chapter a day, and the Bible in a year) the whole Bible, and not actually British (though some readers are, and the others are mainly Commonwealth) but do try PodBible a community reading of the CEV by some 300 random volunteers from Auckland NZ.

Go to the Podcast page for a list of the books with at that have been "done" so far. The whole Bible was recorded over one long weekend, but we have not cleaned it all up yet...

 
At Sat Aug 05, 03:52:00 AM, Blogger Peter Kirk said...

Thank you, Tim. This is certainly of interest, and I guess my friend would prefer New Zealand to American voices.

I heard by e-mail off blog, and have confirmed for myself, that the audio recording of HCSB is read by a British actor - although (from the sample I listened to) the background music and the pronunciation of "Isaiah" give a certain American flavo(u)r. This costs nearly $100 US for the whole Bible, which lends a certain attractiveness to the podcast and to David Field's reading.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home