Better Bibles Blog has moved. Read our last post, below, and then
click here if you are not redirected to our new location within 60 seconds.
Please Bookmark our new location and update blogrolls.

Thursday, December 06, 2007

LE translation

In today's post at his "He Is Sufficient" blog, ElShaddai Edwards suggests that the categories DE (Dynamic Equivalence) and FE (Formal Equivalence) do not adequately capture another important factor (desideratum, for those who like Latinate terms!) for Bible translation. It is Literary Equivalence, which ElShaddai abbreviates as LE. The post is a good read which I recommend.

I'll be gone for a long weekend, starting tonight. I'm flying to Alaska to help my father celebrate his 90th birthday tomorrow.

1 Comments:

At Fri Dec 07, 06:45:00 AM, Blogger ElShaddai Edwards said...

Thanks for the plug, Wayne, and enjoy Alaska! I'll look forward to an update when you get back.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home