Better Bibles Blog has moved. Read our last post, below, and then
click here if you are not redirected to our new location within 60 seconds.
Please Bookmark our new location and update blogrolls.

Monday, October 24, 2005

Strict constructionism and Bible translation

What do interpretive approaches to the Constitution of the U.S. (a big issue now as the U.S. needs another justice on its Supreme Court and the President has nominated someone whose constitutional philosophy is unknown) and Bible translation have in common? Read today's post by Jeremy of the Parableman blog to find out.

Jeremy's application in his penultimate sentence is more right (!!) than much of what I have read about Bible translation.

Curious? I hope so. Go ahead and read Jeremy's post, then come back here and comment on the application to Bible translation.

Categories: , , ,

3 Comments:

At Tue Oct 25, 08:04:00 AM, Blogger Jeremy Pierce said...

My final sentence? Do you mean the fact that I left it as an exercise to the reader, or do you mean that it's a cliche to say you're leaving something as an exercise to the reader? Or did you mean a different sentence?

 
At Tue Oct 25, 08:55:00 AM, Blogger Wayne Leman said...

My bad, Jeremy! I intended to refer to your penultimate sentence, and that is now what my blog post says.

BTW, did my trackback to your post show up anywhere on your blog? I haven't seen it yet.

 
At Tue Oct 25, 09:21:00 AM, Blogger Jeremy Pierce said...

My spam catcher didn't like it. Apparently the site you use to send trackbacks is popular among spammers, so it considers any trackbacks from that server suspect. I did notice it when I was cleaning out my junk trackbacks folder. It should be appearing now.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home