Better Bibles Blog has moved. Read our last post, below, and then
click here if you are not redirected to our new location within 60 seconds.
Please Bookmark our new location and update blogrolls.

Tuesday, July 03, 2007

Better Bibles for Babes Blog

Ouch, ouch, ouch - have I hijacked the BBB? Okay I'll admit that someone emailed me this week with the information that I had blogged on Junia over 30 times! Thanks, you know who! Then I get the Girl blogger award and now I am a cool chick! Thanks, Lingamish!

Now some people might think that an egalitarian woman wouldn't think much of this. That I would be so busy erasing distinctions that I might be offended. So let me just say this - egalitarians are equally as interested in being male and female as anyone else - we just don't believe in the 'members of one group have authority over members of the other group' stuff. So that's where I can accept Lingamish's naming me or I can reject it.

I could do the trad thing and say "I do not name myself but man names me, I am a cool chick whether I like it or not." Or I could do the feminist thing and reject Lingamish's label, "You do not name me, I name myself." However, in honour of reciprocity I will say, "Thank you, David, for calling me a cool chick, and you are one cool dude."

Now the answer to the question 'Have I hijacked the BBB?' is this. No, I have actually been stood up by 5 men all at once. My other bloggers have stranded me here for the summer without notice. Peter turns up once in a while just to make sure I am still alive. That's a good thing. But can I round the guys back up? No, I am not my brothers' keeper. Sorry.

On an up note, other bloggers have turned up around the blogosphere. For example, Metacatholic has lots of good posts, and Iyov has a new post on Bible translations. He seems to be a blog brother with his own blog. Maybe a blog cousin.

4 Comments:

At Tue Jul 03, 01:06:00 PM, Blogger David Ker said...

I'd also like credit for the "Better Bibles for Babes Blog" name!

I was waiting for days for you to say something about that post! You are the best Bible babe around! And I still remember you naming me the hero of summer blogging for 2006 so maybe I'll name you hero of summer blogging for 2007. (I didn't even call you heroine!!!)

Wayne??? Richard??? Junia??? Anyone???

 
At Tue Jul 03, 01:43:00 PM, Blogger Suzanne McCarthy said...

Sorry I missed reading your blog for a few days there, dude. Should I put a trademark on the Better Bibles for Babes name?

 
At Tue Jul 03, 02:34:00 PM, Blogger Peter Kirk said...

I had blogged on Junia over 30 times!

That's nothing, Suzanne. I have blogged on the atonement 35 times, and Adrian Warnock (note his new URL) far more than that.

Should I put a trademark on the Better Bibles for Babes name?

Why not just reserve it as a Blogger blog name. Then maybe some time, when there is more interest in non-babe issues here at BBB, it can become a separate blog.

 
At Tue Jul 03, 04:12:00 PM, Blogger Iyov said...

Hmm, which is the more important doctrine in Christian thought: Junia or atonement. Tough one.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home