Better Bibles Blog has moved. Read our last post, below, and then
click here if you are not redirected to our new location within 60 seconds.
Please Bookmark our new location and update blogrolls.

Sunday, November 25, 2007

Psalm 23 in stereovision.

Here are the relevant texts, you know the traditional one, now go to Aristotle's Feminist Subject and enjoy.


1 ψαλμος τω Δαυιδ κυριος ποιμαινει με και ουδεν με υστερησει

The Lord shepherds me and I shall lack nothing.

2 εις τοπον χλοης εκει με κατεσκηνωσεν επι υδατος αναπαυσεως εξεθρεψεν
με

In a verdant place, there he made me encamp.
By water of rest he reared me;

3 την ψυχην μου επεστρεψεν ωδηγησεν με επι τριβους δικαιοσυνης ενεκεν
του ονοματος αυτου

my soul he restored.
He led me into paths of righteousness
for his name's sake.

4. εαν γαρ και πορευθω εν μεσω σκιας θανατου ου φοβηθησομαι
κακα οτι συ μετ' εμου ει η ραβδος σου και
η βακτηρια σου αυται με παρεκαλεσαν

For even if I walk in the midst of death's shadow,
I will not fear evil, because you are with me;
your rod and your staff-they comforted me.

5 ητοιμασας ενωπιον μου τραπεζαν εξ εναντιας των θλιβοντων με ελιπανας
εν ελαιω την κεφαλην μου και το ποτηριον σου μεθυσκον
ως κρατιστον

You prepared a table before me over against those that afflict me,
you anointed my head with oil, and your cup was supremely intoxicating.

6 και το ελεος σου καταδιωξεται με πασας τας ημερας της
ζωης μου και το κατοικειν με εν οικω κυριου εις
μακροτητα ημερων

And your mercy shall pursue me all the days of my life,
and my residing in the Lord's house is for length of days.

PS I am in the middle of writing a paper right now.

2 Comments:

At Tue Nov 27, 12:43:00 PM, Blogger Peter Kirk said...

If you are translating LXX rather than Hebrew, why are you giving it the Hebrew psalm number rather than the LXX one?

 
At Tue Nov 27, 03:06:00 PM, Blogger Suzanne McCarthy said...

A very good question! I should have left off the number altogether and said "The Shepherd Psalm."

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home