Literary excellence Bible version contest
Here are the rules for this contest:
1. Select your current favorite English Bible version. If you have more than one favorite, select one of them.Have fun! And I hope this is educational for you. I expect it will be for me.
2. Find five passages from your version which exhibit literary excellence to you.
3. Put up a comment to this post, giving the name of your favorite version, the complete wording of each of the five passages, and your explanation of why each wording has literary excellence to you. (It will be normal for your explanation to be subjective. You are sharing how the translation impacts you in terms of literary excellence.)
4. Contest length: 48 hours from the time this post is published to the blog.
5. Winners: There will be two winners which I will randomly select (I'll be fair and close my eyes, not peeking!).
5. Prizes: The two remaining extra Bible versions in my collection:a. hardback NLT6. I will pay the postage to mail your prize to you.
b. paperback large print HCSB with NT, Psalms, and Proverbs
Categories: Bible versions, literary quality