Better Bibles Blog has moved. Read our last post, below, and then
click here if you are not redirected to our new location within 60 seconds.
Please Bookmark our new location and update blogrolls.

Saturday, November 19, 2005

ESV radio spot: Ps. 119:9-11

I am enjoying and being spiritually enriched listening to the ESV radio spots which I blogged about in my preceding post. These spots are short, up-tempo (including contemporary background music), yet drive home spirituals truths which everyone needs to hear.

I just listened to the radio spot for Ps. 119:9-11:
How can a young man keep his way pure? By guarding it according to your word. With my whole heart I seek you; let me not wander from your commandments! I have stored up your word in my heart, that I might not sin against you.
Interesting, the reading and meditation, with application to herself, were done by Joy Williams, who is, obviously, not a "young man." Wayne Grudem would, correctly, in my opinion, state that this verse was written about a young man. He would also say, as he often does, that there is a spiritual principle in this verse which can be applied to others, including Christian women, like Joy Williams.

The spots are fast-paced for today's fast-paced people. Within just a few second the radio reader transitions from reading, literally, about a young man to application to her own life as a woman. Well done, Joy! Well done, ESV team. May God bless your use of beautiful voices reading the radio spots clearly within a context of contemporary technology and music to bring the truths of God's Word, including application of gender-specific verses to other gender and age groups.

I am saving each of the ESV spots to my hard drive and look forward to listening to each one.

Categories: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home