Better Bibles Blog has moved. Read our last post, below, and then
click here if you are not redirected to our new location within 60 seconds.
Please Bookmark our new location and update blogrolls.

Friday, August 03, 2007

Tagged and on to you

Recently I was tagged by Kenny Pearce. Instead of tagging 8 other people to reveal facts about themselves, I thought we should host a pre-anniversary blog party for Kenny and Lauren who plan to marry on Aug. 4. 2008 oops, Aug. 2, 2008 - sorry Kenny. I am hoping that at least 8 commenters will contribute marriage/friendship advice. (I phrase it this way so that those of us who know nothing useful about marriage which we feel we can share can also contribute.)

Please follow the spirit of this meme and connect your advice to something which Kenny says about himself in his post and that also reveals something about yourself - a connection!

I will kick off. I recently heard Lauren Winner give a talk Autobiography of a Bookworm: Notes from My Reading Life at Regent College. She mentioned that she liked her husband to read out loud to her from "middle-brow mysteries" before falling asleep.

Since Kenny likes science fiction, I am going to suggest that he read aloud to Lauren from the short story collection of John Wyndham, The Seeds of Time. Wyndham is one of my favourite authors and I used to keep this book on my desk as a high school English teacher to read aloud from to the class. The students loved these stories.

4 Comments:

At Sat Aug 04, 08:02:00 AM, Blogger Kenny Pearce said...

August 2nd! Let's not delay any longer than we have to :)

Thank you, Suzanne.

 
At Sat Aug 04, 09:27:00 AM, Blogger Suzanne McCarthy said...

I will comment on my own post because I have just read this article on washing diapers by Luther.

Now you tell me, when a father goes ahead and washes diapers or performs some other mean task for his child, and someone ridicules him as an effeminate fool, though that father is acting in the spirit just described and in Christian faith, my dear fellow you tell me, which of the two is most keenly ridiculing the other? God, with all his angels and creatures, is smiling, not because that father is washing diapers, but because he is doing so in Christian faith. Those who sneer at him and see only the task but not the faith are ridiculing God with all his creatures, as the biggest fool on earth. Indeed, they are only ridiculing themselves; with all their cleverness they are nothing but devil's fools.

Of course, these days washing diapers is less common, but nonetheless an interesting article, too good to be missed.

 
At Sat Aug 04, 12:47:00 PM, Blogger Lauren said...

Thanks, Suzanne!

 
At Sat Aug 04, 12:55:00 PM, Blogger Suzanne McCarthy said...

I may have been a little forward with Luther on diapers, but you might never find that one when you want it.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home