Better Bibles Blog has moved. Read our last post, below, and then
click here if you are not redirected to our new location within 60 seconds.
Please Bookmark our new location and update blogrolls.

Thursday, March 13, 2008

appreciation

I just received the following email message. It always encourages me to hear how this blog is helping others. I hope you are encouraged, as well:
My name is ____, and I am a full-time campus/young adult minister for the Catholic Archdiocese of ___. I just wanted to send you a quick note thanking you for your informative Better Bibles Blog. Probably the main focus of the ministry work I do is focused on catechetics, focusing around Bible study. In any given week, I am leading 2-3 weekly Bible studies either on campus or at a local parish. So for me, your blog is a nice site to visit daily and be informed with what is going on in the world of Bible translations. As a Catholic, there have been a great deal more quality Bible study materials being published in recent years, but we still do not have the breadth and options that our Protestant brothers and sisters have. (I would really like to see the number of Catholic translations increase, with the backing of large publisher like Zondervan.)
Also, I recently saw the link on our site for the book "How to Choose a Translation for All Its Worth" and decided to purchase it. I think it might be the best basic guide to translations and scripture reading that I have seen. So, thank you for bringing that to my attention.
God Bless you in your continued work!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home