Better Bibles Blog has moved. Read our last post, below, and then
click here if you are not redirected to our new location within 60 seconds.
Please Bookmark our new location and update blogrolls.

Monday, July 07, 2008

NLT Blog: Words in the New Living Translation

Several times I have wished that there would be a blog to promote the NLT (New Living Translation). Tonight I found out that there is one. In one of its first posts, Keith Williams responds to a post by Tim Challies. Tim prefers the ESV. In his post he criticizes translations like the NLT which are not "essentially literal." I left a comment on Tim's post.

5 Comments:

At Mon Jul 07, 10:23:00 PM, Blogger Iyov said...

The blog just started today, so you are very quick (or you had inside information.)

 
At Mon Jul 07, 10:50:00 PM, Blogger ElShaddai Edwards said...

Thanks for the link, Wayne. I'm looking forward to hearing more from Keith, Laura, Kevin and rest of the NLT team.

 
At Mon Jul 07, 10:54:00 PM, Blogger Wayne Leman said...

Iyov, someone emailed me that inside info about Tim's post. Then I spotted a comment on Tim's post made by the Keith of the NLT Blog. I'm not that quick. Right now I'm sitting outside in the dark in a forested conference grounds near the Canadian border. There is a weak wi-fi signal which we can pick up if we carry our laptops around to different spots. It's a bummer that I can't get the wi-fi signal in the nice bedroom my wife and I got assigned. I had no wi-fi signal all day as I drove to the conference. But then it was safer that I didn't!! I don't do well trying to multitask. I don't even like to talk on my cell phone while driving.

 
At Tue Jul 08, 12:29:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for the link Wayne. I've a response of my own, and I have included part of the comment you made on Challies site.

 
At Tue Jul 08, 02:28:00 AM, Blogger Suzanne McCarthy said...

I have made a comment on Tim's blog as well. It is interesting that most people are unaware that there are two Greek words for " blessed" so if one becomes "happy" instead that is not necessarily a nose dive into illiteracy.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home