Better Bibles Blog has moved. Read our last post, below, and then
click here if you are not redirected to our new location within 60 seconds.
Please Bookmark our new location and update blogrolls.

Sunday, January 01, 2006

Promise for the New Year

I have been trying to think of a good Bible passage to help us start out the new year. I have settled on Hebrews 13:5-6. I can't think of a better promise to us than that of God's presence with us:
13:5 Your life should be free from the love of money. Be satisfied with what you have, for He Himself has said, I will never leave you or forsake you.
13:6 Therefore, we may boldly say: The Lord is my helper; I will not be afraid. What can man do to me? (HCSB)

13.5 Keep your lives free from the love of money, and be content with what you have; for he has said, “I will never leave you or forsake you.”
13.6 So we can say with confidence, “The Lord is my helper; I will not be afraid. What can anyone do to me?” (NRSV)
Happy New Year, everyone! May each of us experience the comfort and encouragement of God's presence throughout 2006.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home