Better Bibles Blog has moved. Read our last post, below, and then
click here if you are not redirected to our new location within 60 seconds.
Please Bookmark our new location and update blogrolls.

Tuesday, April 24, 2007

What is your pulpit or pew Bible?

A few days ago I put up a new poll on the TNIV Truth blog. Since this blog gets more visitors than the TNIV Truth blog, I'll put it in the margin of this blog, as well. This poll is easy. It just surveys what is the pew, pulpit, or in any other way "official" Bible used as your place of worship. If you have already voted in the poll on the TNIV Truth blog, I think that the polling service will not allow you to vote here, as well. Votes from the poll on both blogs will be added together.

9 Comments:

At Wed Apr 25, 12:18:00 AM, Blogger Suzanne McCarthy said...

I don't want to spoil your poll but our church is still in suspended animation using the RSV.

 
At Wed Apr 25, 08:05:00 AM, Blogger R. Mansfield said...

Suzanne, a while back I think you mentioned they were trying to decide between the ESV and TNIV. Has there been any headway made in that decision?

Does your pastor still preach from the RSV?

 
At Wed Apr 25, 09:34:00 AM, Blogger Suzanne McCarthy said...

You've got it - there has been no decision. I suspect that we are moving in the direction of the ESV but I am not sure.

 
At Wed Apr 25, 08:14:00 PM, Blogger PaulW said...

NRSV

 
At Thu Apr 26, 04:24:00 PM, Blogger Rich said...

Currently using NIV, but switching to ESV this year.

 
At Fri Apr 27, 05:15:00 PM, Blogger TedE said...

NIV. I would choose the TNIV if Zondervan would put it into something besides those cheesy editions they now have.

I am not happy with the ESV. I view it as a translation intended to fit a particular theology. I would like to be convinced that it is an unbiased translation. No debate intended - it's an honest query.

 
At Fri Apr 27, 10:02:00 PM, Blogger Suzanne McCarthy said...

Ted,

I really think that the TNIV is far superior to the NIV. It is in some ways more literal - it is in my opinion a more careful translation.

I bought the blue paperback edition as an at home Bible. But it matches my Sunday jacket very well so I am all set.

 
At Sat Apr 28, 07:06:00 AM, Blogger TedE said...

Suzanne,

I have the edition (TNIV) Willow Creek sent out to its members. But I doubt it matches my Sunday gear as well as yours! :):). Thanks!

 
At Sat Apr 28, 12:18:00 PM, Blogger Suzanne McCarthy said...

You mean the TNIV doesn't come in pastel colours?! ;-)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home