Better Bibles Blog has moved. Read our last post, below, and then
click here if you are not redirected to our new location within 60 seconds.
Please Bookmark our new location and update blogrolls.

Tuesday, January 24, 2006

the Jesus community: They'll Know We Are Christians By Our _______

the Jesus community: They'll Know We Are Christians By Our _______

Ted Gossard, who frequently comments on BBB posts, has just blogged the truth. We know it is the truth because Jesus, our Teacher, first told it to us (John 13:35). It is so easy to get sidetracked, acting and speaking as if there are more important ways by which people will know that we are Jesus' disciples: our doctrine, our dress, our social concerns, or even what version of the Bible we use (or what version(s) we disapprove of). I suspect that sometimes I focus so much on Bible translation concerns that I could be accused of forgetting the most important way that people can know that I am a Christian, that I love my fellow believers. I want to demonstrate love for others, even as I wrestle with translation issues.

2 Comments:

At Tue Jan 24, 12:47:00 PM, Blogger Ted M. Gossard said...

Yes. I think it's all about relationships in Scripture: with God, with others. And that's not easy.

Thanks so much for your thoughts, and mentioning the blog.

Ted

 
At Tue Jan 24, 01:11:00 PM, Blogger Ted M. Gossard said...

..and like you so well say, it's so easy to get sidetracked on lesser things. That really are meant to contribute to loving God and our neighbor.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home